- A Special Note About Minors
- The Personal Data We Collect
- How We Use Personal Data
- Retention and Disposal
- Access and Quality
- How We Share Personal Data
- How We Secure Personal Data
- Monitoring and Enforcement
- Third Party Sites
- Contacting CBDV
- Changes to This Policy
Individuals under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside.
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by piecing information together.
All services offered by CBDV through the Website, including [the
The website found at www.cbdvl.com and owned and operated by CBDV.
- A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUTMINORS
Minors are not eligible to use the Website or Services and we ask that minors do not submit any personal information to us or use our Website or Services. We do not knowingly solicit data from, or market to, minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files.
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Categories of Information
Relevant information collected as required to enhance your use of the Website and to deliver the Services may include, for example, the following categories of data:
- Personal details such as name, birth date, gender, occupation etc.
- Contact details such as address, email address, telephone number, fax number, etc.
- Payment details, including credit card, debit card or bank account numbers, etc.
- Credentials to use the Services, such as username, IP address, PC Name, etc.
- Activities performed by you in your use of the services such as cookies, log files, order histories, etc.
Collection of Information
We may collect personal data from you in the following ways:
- Website registration form – We may ask you to provide personal data when creating an account for the Services.
- Services – We may collect additional personal data when you use the Services.
- Use of the Website – We may collect personal data from other uses of the Website, including survey forms, waiting lists, newsletter requests and comments posted by you on the Website.
- Web Server Logs – The computers that deliver our web pages to you may record information. For example, a web server log may record the search terms you enter on our Website.
- Correspondence with CBDV – If you send us correspondence, we may retain such information in the records of your account to measure and improve our customer service. If we correspond by telephone, we will typically request certain personal information from you, such as your name, date of birth, address and email address, in order for us to confirm your identity.
- HOW WE USEPERSONAL DATA
CBDV may process personal data on a number of lawful bases, some of which include consent, performance of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation or for legitimate interests. We may rely on legitimate interests for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, corporate governance, fraud prevention, network security and monitoring.
Personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- Performance of the Services including but not limited to:
- Processing transactions;
- Tracking orders; and
- Communicating with you about your transaction;
- Continuous improvement and development of products, the Website, the Services and software through the provision of internal and customer analytics, statistics and metrics, such as total number of visitors and page views;
- Compliance with data protection legislation, information security requirements and other legal requirements;
- Management or administration of CBDV operations; and
- Delivery of targeted marketing, advertising and promotional offers.
CBDV may de-identify or anonymize personal data. Such data is no longer considered personal data and individuals cannot seek to have their information removed from any such data set, nor is consent for further use required.
- RETENTION AND DISPOSAL
When personal information is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purpose or to fulfill a legal or business requirement, our intention is for that information to be securely destroyed in a timely fashion. We may either physically or electronically delete the personal data or de-identify it to make it anonymous.
- ACCESS AND QUALITY
CBDV makes reasonable efforts to maintain the integrity of the personal data collected as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal data is to be used. We rely on you to supply us with accurate, complete and up-to-date personal data that is relevant to our delivery of the Services.
You have the right to review the personal information you have provided us and make any desired changes or deletions to such information at any time by logging into your account on the CBDV website and changing your preferences or by contacting our support team at email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal information at any time. For example, you may wish to withdraw your consent for your personal information to appear on CBDV’s mailing list. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of consent may impact your ability to use the Website or Services.
If you choose to close your CBDV account, you will need to contact CBDV at email@example.com to request the closure. The email must contain the associated email address and account number. We will mark your account as “Closed,” but will keep your account information in our database for as long as reasonably necessary to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. However, if you close your account, your personally identifiable information will not be used by us for any further purposes except those required by law.
- HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may share personal data about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Affiliates – We may share information with companies that we own or control, that are owned or controlled by us, or that are under common ownership or control.
- Online Postings and Testimonials – We may allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access the information.
- Business Transaction – In the event that CBDV, or any portion of our assets, are acquired, sold or transferred, we may disclose personal data with the company involved to complete the business transition.
- Law Enforcement – We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonable believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your personal data to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your personal data may protect the rights, property or safety of CBDV or another person.
- Legal Process – We may share your personal data with others as required by, or permitted by law. This may include sharing your personal data with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal processes, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
If CBDV has knowledge that a third party uses or discloses personal data in an unapproved manner, we will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure. We do not sell any personal data to third parties for marketing.
- HOW WE SECURE PERSONAL DATA
We have implemented policies, procedures and practices to protect your personal data. We make reasonable security arrangements to protect personal data in our custody or under our control from and against risks, such as loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal and destruction.
The methods of protection include physical measures, organizational measures and technological measures.
We may protect your personal data in the following ways, in addition to other methods we deem appropriate:
- The use of secure socket layer technology (SSL)
- The use of secure electronic transaction (SET) protocol
- Imposing obligations on our employees and contractors to respect the confidentiality of your personal information
- Authorizing access only to employees or contractors who need to have access to the data in order to be able to fulfill their given duties
Our Website is hosted by: Web Hosting Canada, located at 1030 Rue Beaubien E Montreal, QC H2S 1T4. WebHosting Canada may be reached at +1(514)-504-2113.
- MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT
If an individual files a complaint, CBDV will investigate it. It is our practice to respond to the individual within thirty (30) days of receiving the complaint and to take all appropriate action to remedy any issues. If the matter cannot be settled, we agree to cooperate with the dispute resolution system set forth below.
- THIRD PARTY SITES
- CONTACTING CBDV
For privacy-related questions, comments or concerns, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Effective Date: August 4, 2020